Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A seat with a view

What's with everyone wanting a window seat?
Even as a kid I never had the window affinity.
 
I can understand the "Thodi hawa aane de" argument. But why in an AC bus?
I always go for an aisle seat, more leg room in a way. One leg limping in the aisle and the other under the seat ahead.
When you are on the aisle seat most of the times other passengers won't bother you for the other seat (window).
That way I get to keep my office bag on the other seat.
(Unless of course the bus starts getting full)
I think the other passengers find you just plain weird to not sit by the window. They will pass you to get the next aisle seat (though they really wanted that window seat).
 
Oh and also a guy stranger always sits next to another guy stranger and a girl stranger will always sit next to a girl stranger.(unless there are no other free seats).
 
Trees passing by, traffic, city lights. The wind in the hair.
 
No matter what seat you get, just make sure you are heading in the right direction.
Sent on my BlackBerry® from Hutch

2 comments:

  1. I have a theory. We want the window seat so that we can look out the window and not have some stranger stare back at you. So that there is no awkward silence in which your mind has to go into archives and search for 'awkward conversation starter questions'. After a long day's work, all we want is solitude and not have to force a smile to the stranger sitting next to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed. Absolutely. Well thought.

    ReplyDelete